Royal Irish Fusiliers Museum

The museum is in Sovereign’s House, a Grade B listed building. Sovereign's House can be found at one end of The Mall about 50 metres from the Court House and five minutes walk from the Translink Bus station.

The Eagle Takers Gallery won the Best Exhibition in Ireland in 2003. The collection contains the uniforms, medals, regalia and the two Victoria Crosses won by the Regiment. The Regimental archive and library may be viewed by appointment.

NEW EXHIBITION - 1917 MISERY AND MUD
1917 on the Western Front saw both sides beleaguered
and bogged down for yet another year!
The Third Battle of Ypres, commonly known as
The Battle of Passchendaele, would become infamous.
The Royal Irish Fusiliers spent 1917 on all fronts!
A more fluid war was underway in the Region of The Levant
and the glorious capture of Jerusalem was the aim.

PLEASE NOTE THE RESEARCHER IS AVAILABLE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
PLEASE TELEPHONE +44 (0) 283 752 2911 OR EMAIL researchfusiliersmuseum@yahoo.co.uk

Panoramics (Drag image left, right, up and down to view.)

View a 360° panoramic of the Armagh Museum Ground Floor, Armagh

View a 360° panoramic of the Armagh Museum First Floor, Armagh

Opening Hours:

Mon - Fri (incl Bank Holidays) 10am - 12.30pm and & 1.30 - 4pm
1st Sat each month (May-Sep) 10am - 12.30pm and & 1.30 - 4pm
12th & 13th July, Closed
THE MUSEUM WILL CLOSE AT 12.30 ON DEC 23rd and OPEN AGAIN ON 3rd JAN (usual hours)

Contact Details:

Royal Irish Fusiliers Regimental Museum
Sovereign's House
The Mall
ARMAGH
BT61 9Dl

Tel:
+44 (0) 283 752 2911

Fax:
+44 (0) 283 752 2911

Curator:
Ms Caroline Corvan


Admission Charges:

Adult: Free
Seniors: Free
Groups: Free
Children: Free